You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s a lot more just a regularly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past three years, which I guess makes this somewhere around Vol. 188. I’ve always took pleasure in reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you take pleasure in reading mine.
To quote Nina Simone, “I’m feeling good,” even though I got a late start. I went for a run this morning (endorphins, yay!), straightened out the papers on my desk and have a husky tabby at my feet. things could be worse.
Has a commercial ever brought you to tears?
Man, that Dolphin tale commercial had me bawling like a baby the first time I saw it. In my defense, I was absolutely PMS-ing at the time.
Something you’ve lost and would like to get back?
Um, my sanity?
When was the last time you thanked someone with a kiss?
I går kveld. El Hub made me a cup of Sleepytime tea to drink while we enjoyed Win Win on the couch. Both the motion picture and the tea were great.
Three good things about your life ideal now?
1) I’m healthy, 2) my loved ones are healthy and 3) a DSW shoe storehouse just opened in my ‘hood (and it’s only five minutes away!). yesterday I brought home the boots up at the top (the fallen boot by Fergie) to reward myself for sticking to my September workout schedule, considering that the Blowfish Brandi boots I’d originally wanted were out of stock.
What store would you like to see open in your town?
Well, I’m pretty delighted about the DSW, but a Neiman Marcus or an Ulta would be welcome additions to the area.
If you were a type of makeup, what would you be?
Gloss, fo’ sho’! It’s flexible, shiny and sparkly.
First trip you remember taking on an airplane?
I was 11 or 12 at the time on a flight to visit my childhood best friend, whose family had recently moved from next door down to southern California. about the flight I remember thinking how cool it was that they gave out complimentary nuts and soda.
Three songs that remind you of different times in your life?
Another Night, by The real McCoy, reminds me of my clubbing days with Jen in the late ’90s; Don McLean’s Bye Bye miss American Pie reminds me of the day I packed up and left for college; Aaliyah’s Are You That Somebody? transports me back to that magical second half of my senior year.
This week I’m lifting my weekly goal from the motion picture I enjoyed last night, Win Win. “Do whatever it f*cking takes.” LOL!
Mornin’! Can we coffee talk for a moment about shoe heaven, aka DSW? The only other DSW store I’ve ever checked out was in San Francisco, and that one was really stressful and overstimulating (crowded, messy, and I could never find a place to sit and try on shoes).
This one’s greater than great though. The aisles are great and wide, there’s plenty of places to park your bum, and there’s even a Starbuck’s and a video game store (to entertain significant others) next door.
Yeah, I’m in trouble…
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
2. has a commercial ever brought you to tears?
3. Something you’ve lost and would like to get back?
4. When was the last time you thanked someone with a kiss?
5. three good things about your life ideal now?
6. What store would you like to see open in your town?
7. If you were a type of makeup, what would you be?
8. first trip you remember taking on an airplane?
9. three songs that remind you of different times in your life?
10. weekly goals:
Say it with me: great week, great week, great week. Uansett hva!
Katter og sminke -sweatshirt ??
Your friendly neighborhood appeal addict,